Documentation Officer - Job Description
About Jan Sahas: : Jan Sahas, established in the year 2000, is a not for profit grassroots organization committed to promote the development and protect the rights of socially excluded communities with the special focus on girls and women through eradication of all forms of bondage including manual scavenging and caste based prostitution; empowerment of adolescent girls and women to end violence and gender justice, skill development for dignified livelihoods and social entrepreneurship; legal aid for access to justice and reform in criminal justice system; support in education; food and nutrition security; land and agriculture development; develop barefoot lawyers to build victim or survivors as leader and empowerment of communities though capacity and organization building.
The organization is looking for a suitable Female candidate to facilitate programs for the themes such as Violence against Women, the ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to work in the development sector and demonstrated ability to work as part of a diverse team. The position entails meeting various stakeholders that ranges from community members, government officials etc. depending on the need of the project.
The Documentation Officer will provide support to the team of Jan Sahas under the Theme of violence against Women.
Base Location: The position will be based in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Recording, preparing and facilitating in the program documentation and report writing.
- Systematically compiling, organizing, updating and indexing data, reports and documentation with the program MIS – Coordinator.
- Prepare quarterly, six monthly and annual progress report and other reporting requirements.
- Support team in preparing concept notes and other project related documents.
- Ensure effective communications, visibility and knowledge management;
- Prepare communication strategy and tools for the project.
- Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time
- Management of resources and preparation for further development of the program.
- Masters’ degree in Social Work or related fields from IRMA/Indore school of Social work/ Nirmala Niketan/ Azim Premji university/ DSSW/TISS or any other reputed institute.
- Familiarity and work experience in Documentation and Reporting is a plus.
- Minimum 1-year experience in program implementation.
- Excellent Communication Skills in Hindi and English (Spoken and written).
- Only Female candidates are Preferred.
Jan Sahas gives equal opportunity to all individuals irrespective of their gender, caste, religion, race, sexual orientation etc. The organization promotes opportunities for women and candidates belonging to marginalized backgrounds.