Documentation Officer - Job Description
About Jan Sahas: : Jan Sahas, established in the year 2000, is a not for profit grassroots organization committed to promote the development and protect the rights of socially excluded communities with the special focus on girls and women through eradication of all forms of bondage including manual scavenging and caste based prostitution; empowerment of adolescent girls and women to end violence and gender justice, skill development for dignified livelihoods and social entrepreneurship; legal aid for access to justice and reform in criminal justice system; support in education; food and nutrition security; land and agriculture development; develop barefoot lawyers to build victim or survivors as leader and empowerment of communities though capacity and organization building.
The organization is looking for a suitable Female candidate to facilitate programs for the thematic area of Sexual Violence against Children, the ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to work in the development sector and demonstrated ability to work as part of a diverse team. The position entails meeting various stakeholders that ranges from community members, government officials etc. depending on the need of the project.
The Documentation Officer will provide support to the team of Jan Sahas under the Theme of Sexual violence against children
Base Location: The position will be based in Dewas, Madhya Pradesh.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Preparing reports and Case studies of the program intervention
- Recording, preparing and facilitating in the program documentation and report writing.
- Systematically compiling, organizing, updating and indexing data, reports and documentation with the program MIS – Coordinator.
- Prepare Monthly, quarterly, six monthly and annual progress report and other reporting requirements.
- Supporting team in preparing concept notes and other project related documents.
- Ensure effective communications, visibility and knowledge management;
- Prepare communication strategy and tools for the project.
- Participating other activities
- Management of resources and preparation for further development of the program.
- Masters’ degree in Social Work or related fields from TISS/IRMA/Indore school of Social work/ Nirmala Niketan/ Azim Premji university/ DSSW or any other reputed institute.
- At least One year work experience on issue of violence against women and children
- Having the knowledge and Experience about the working with Government and Non-Government organization on issue of Child Protection
- Familiarity and work experience in Documentation and Reporting is a plus.
- Excellent Communication Skills in English and Hindi both Writing and Speaking
- Only Female candidates are Preferred.
Interested applicants may apply latest by 12 March 2020.
Jan Sahas gives equal opportunity to all individuals irrespective of their gender, caste, religion, race, sexual orientation etc. The organization promotes opportunities for women and candidates belonging to marginalized backgrounds.