Position: Data Analyst
“Some of the best theorizing comes after collecting data because then you become aware of
another reality.” – Robert J. Shiller, Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The Public Education System in India has been generating more than six billion data points on annual basis. Every education initiative collects data from schools in digital format under UDISE as well as other initiatives. However, efforts around data analysis and of the same have remained nascent. Given the enormity of datasets, analytical needs and its potential use for well-informed capacity building and decision-making processes, Edindia’s Nirnay program supports Education Systems with appropriate analytics and visual dashboards to aid data-driven decision. EIF already supports the State of Tripura and Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) in this effort.
EIF has set up a team anchored on innovation and data analytics to create relevant Decision Support System for government educational initiatives at scale. The analysis outcomes are integrated with mobile enabled dashboards to provide easy to understand visual insights. For an upcoming interesting project, EIF is expanding its team and is looking for a data analysts who loves DATA and enjoys bringing in a new perspective from a large dataset.
Responsibilities of Data Analyst:
- Provides technical leadership in Data Analytics and Visualization of large data sets
- Understands client expectations and designs analytical models and conducts statistical analysis of relevant datasets.
- Manages end-to-end data import, cleaning and processing of large datasets from multiple sources
- Translate statistical outcomes post analysis into insight and visual dashboards
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data handling, data structure, data analysis & data visualization
- Guiding the team throughout the process and oversee the progress of the project and prepare relevant visualization dashboards for the key stakeholders including Education Department Officials.
You could be a good match if you are:
- A believer in Data, its importance and know how to generate insights: You have strong quantitative and analytical abilities, with sound understanding of data; in both traditional relational systems and present day big-data methodologies. You are great in translating data to insights, report writing and relevant visualisations.
- A self-starter and learning enthusiast: We are a start-up and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. The assignments we take are cutting edge and would expose the team members to extensive mentoring on combining data analysis and visualization with social impact. Most of the work we do has not been tried before and initiative and a learning bent of mind will enrich the project environment.
- A friend to technology: We do not want you to be a super-techie but it will be great if you are experienced in writing optimised SQL/Hive Query and have a hold in scripting languages like Python/R.
- Proficient in web/product analytics tools like Google analytics, Amplitude, web analytics etc. Ability to understand how a visual dashboard may convey the data insight and represent data to make critical decisions would be very useful. Exposure to Statistical software e.g. STATA, Big Data space (R, R-Studio) and visualising data analytics (e.g. Data Studio/Tableau) would be preferred.
- A Team player: We are attempting to build a lean and flat organization. We are looking to get together with people who are more driven by passion than position or perks. Hence it is critical that one strives to add value to each team member and help everyone learn and succeed. This is essential condition to affect the mission positively.
Salary: Commensurate to skill-sets and experience
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may share their CV at email@example.com with the Subject line ” Position Name” latest by 25th October 2021.
EdIndia Foundation (EIF) is a section 8 not for profit company focussed on leveraging technology and data analytics to create innovative solutions to impact education at scale. EIF has been provided incubation support by Sterlite Power and its group companies. About Sterlite Power: Operating out of India and Brazil, Sterlite Power (https://www.sterlitepower.com/ )is a leading integrated power transmission developer and solutions provider globally. It is focused on addressing complex challenges in the sector by tackling the key constraints of time, space and capital.