Program Lead –Pre-Service Teachers Initiative
“Learning is like rowing upstream…..Not to advance is to drop back” – Chinese Proverb
EdIndia Foundation (EIF) is a not for profit focused on leveraging technology and data analytics to create innovative solutions to impact education at scale. Edindia believes that technology has a huge potential to impact government schools at scale. Acknowledging the fact that there are existing barriers to integrate technology within the government system, EdIndia was set up with a mission to “create tech-based solutions to impact the quality of education at scale”. It is supported by Sterlite Power Group Companies.
EdIndia is setting up an innovative program centred around capacity building of trainee teachers called “Teachable”. The project aims to equip students preparing to be teachers in both Government and Private Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs – Dip. In Edu & B.Eds etc.) with required knowledge and resources during the pre-service training tenure . In the long term, the program aims to enable government systems to induct more motivated and skilled teachers in the teaching workforce in order to positively affect student learning.
EdIndia considers itself as a “start-up” at heart and intends to bring on-board a team, passionate about “education for all” anchored on scale and impacting public education system.
Program Lead for Teachable will steer the program strategy and expansion activities while transforming ideas and learning into future-growth initiatives. The incumbent will focus on listening to teachers and system stakeholders and anchor the program around innovative products and solutions addressing needs of the public education system.
- Lead engagement with different state governments and allied stakeholders presenting them the program offerings.
- Build rigorous evidence around models of implementation
- Develop Product Strategy and Roadmap for Teachable App and plan user interface improvements.
- Manage implementation of Teachable program end-to-end, i.e. from designing of solutions to prototyping/piloting to finalise tailored products for states and driving adoption with a team
- Develop metrics, MIS & visualisation aligned to organisation goals & program performance to track success measures & identify improvement areas.
- Identify and analyse relevant data to increase product uptick and oversee generation of critical insights using analytics.
- Prepare presentations/reports and communicate findings from initiatives to EdIndia Leadership and External stakeholders
You could be a good match if you have the following:
- Master’s in Management or Education and allied domains.
- Successful track record in the field of largescale project management and/or content development or academics,
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience as program lead in large scale projects dealing with at least one of the following: Academic, Content, Pedagogy, Training.
- Passion for bringing change in the professional experience of teachers and by default in the learning experiences of students.
- Experience of developing simple and effective pedagogical ideas and activities
- You will work in a rapidly changing ecosystem and demonstrate problem-solving leadership.
- Be an exceptional communicator and an agile/creative problem solver.
- Build relationships and collaborate across functions; get complex things done and drive impact.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and hustle attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a start-up setting, where teamwork, collaboration and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent managerial abilities, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Salary: Commensurate to skill-sets and experience and aligned to the best on non-profit sector.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may share their CV at email@example.com with the Subject line ” Position Name” latest by 25th October 2021.
EdIndia Foundation (EIF) is a section 8 not for profit company focussed on leveraging technology and data analytics to create innovative solutions to impact education at scale. EIF has been provided incubation support by Sterlite Power and its group companies. About Sterlite Power: Operating out of India and Brazil, Sterlite Power (https://www.sterlitepower.com/ )is a leading integrated power transmission developer and solutions provider globally. It is focused on addressing complex challenges in the sector by tackling the key constraints of time, space and capital.