Chief Manager – Technology
“Learning is like rowing upstream…..Not to advance is to drop back” – Chinese Proverb
EdIndia Foundation (EF) is a not for profit focused on leveraging technology and data analytics to create innovative solutions to impact education at scale. Edindia believes that technology has a huge potential to impact government schools at scale. Acknowledging the fact that there are existing barriers to integrate technology within the government system, EdIndia was set up with a mission to “create tech based solutions to impact the quality of education at scale”. It is supported by Sterlite Power Group Companies.
EdIndia is “Mobile First” in most of its products and solutions. They include a “data analytics” solution for officials and management in public education system. It leverages secondary data in education system and renders it on a chrome app through easy-to-read visualizations and establishes a DSS (decision support system). Similarly, another mobile solution comprises of android app that works as a go-to platform for teachers to satiate their conceptual curiosity and gain pedagogical insights served through bite-sized videos and digital resources.
EdIndia considers itself as a “start-up” at heart and intends to bring on-board a team, passionate about “education for all” anchored on innovation and data analytics.
- Developing Product Strategy and Roadmap for future versions and user interface improvements.
- Design and develop products and solutions, anchor its lifecycle from prototype/POC to sustainable growth and their adoption across affordable school education systems.
- Perform a Build vs Buy Analysis based on product development requirements. Initiate and manage technology-partner relations, as well as, build and manage a software team to deliver solutions.
- The role sets the vision for user experience. The role takes a lead to transform ideas into future-growth initiatives.
- Managing prioritisation & trade-offs between user experience (Teachers and other stakeholders), social impact, performance, and post-launch support.
- Let users and data lead the way and oversee generating critical insights using analytics. The role requires a focus on listening to students and teachers and provide technical leadership in creating innovative products and solutions addressing needs of the public education system.
- Developing metrics, MIS & visualisation aligned to company & program performance to track success indicators & identify improvement areas.
- Prepare presentations and communicate findings from initiatives to Leadership and External stakeholders.
You could be a good match if you are:
- You possess in-depth and stack – agnostic knowledge of web analytics, android app development, PHP frameworks, UX design tools such as Figma etc.,
- Min 4-5 years post tier-1 MBA work experience of a Technical Product Manager role, preferably from an internet start-up (experience in failed start-ups will be welcomed as we feel failure is a great learning experience!!)
- Experience managing vendor relations, understanding production cloud infrastructures using microservices & having interest on open source technologies, social chat platforms and bots.
- Edindia works a lot with rendering various forms of content (text, audio, video, image, streaming etc). Thus experience in content delivery tools to end-users will be preferred.
- You will work in a rapidly changing eco-system and demonstrate problem-solving leadership.
- Be an exceptional communicator and an agile/creative problem solver. Build relationships and collaborate across functions; get complex things done and drive impact.
- A self-starter and learning enthusiast: It’s a start up project and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. The products and solutions we are carving out are cutting edge and would expose the member to extensive mentoring on combining technology with social impact. Most of the work we do has not been tried before and initiative and a learning bent of mind will thrive in the project environment.
- A Team player: We are attempting to build a lean and flat organization. We are looking to get together with people who are more driven by passion than position or perks. Hence it is critical that one strives to add value to each team member and help everyone learn and succeed. This is essential condition to affect the mission positively.
- Passionate about open source movement and sharing: We embrace the open source movement and all the content we create is free and open source for anyone out there. We also believe in sharing our process and what we are learning periodically to create a community of practice. An alignment to the same is something we are looking for in all our team members.
Salary: Commensurate to skill-sets and experience and aligned to the best on non-profit sector.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may share their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line ” Position Name” latest by 25th October 2021.
EdIndia Foundation (EIF) is a section 8 not for profit company focussed on leveraging technology and data analytics to create innovative solutions to impact education at scale. EIF has been provided incubation support by Sterlite Power and its group companies. About Sterlite Power: Operating out of India and Brazil, Sterlite Power (https://www.sterlitepower.com/ )is a leading integrated power transmission developer and solutions provider globally. It is focused on addressing complex challenges in the sector by tackling the key constraints of time, space and capital.