Position: Field Coordinator – Project Pragyan, Tripura
“Sterlite Edindia Foundation3” (EdIndia) formerly known at Sterlite school tech(SST) is a section 8 non-profit organisation. It’s incubated out of CSR funds of Sterlite Power and group companies.
EdIndia is on a mission to bring positive change in classroom teaching-learning processes, through its large scale programs, leveraging EdTech Solutions. Edindia has its presence in four states and currently supporting over 1,00,000 government teachers through its various initiatives.
Given the expansion plans EdIndia is being established as an independent unit as it expands into new space of sustainable ed-tech programs. EdIndia views its role as system integrator, keen on designing and rolling out large scale, Pan-India programs. As part of its aggressive scale-up plans EdIndia is expanding its footprints in North East India, with a large scale capacity building with Tripura State. To coordinate and execute Tripura project activities, EdIndia is seeking to recruit Field Coordinator – Project Pragyan, Tripura. The proposed role will report to the Program Manager and will be responsible for successful implementation of the program.
- The Field Coordinator, reporting to the Project Manager will lead the capacity building and content adaptation for the initial Pilot and subsequent scale-up. S/he will manage the delivery of project results tagged to capacity building and mentoring of the teachers through event based and regular on-site support mechanisms.
- The Field Coordinator will provide on-site academic support to the teachers of selected schools on day to day basis.
- The Field Coordinator will work closely with district and block officials of Department of Education, Govt. Of Tripura.
- In coordination with the Program Manager, the Field Coordinator will also work closely with the internal academic team and Project Partners for M&E, Content and others to ensure development of quality content, operationalization of a robust M&E system for the project, ensuring high-quality measurement of project outputs and intermediate outcomes.
- Ensure primary connect with staff of selected schools and address their support requirements.
- Other key responsibilities shall include but are not limited to; Stakeholder management and coordination, Teacher capacity building, Vendor liaison.
- Communicating Information Effectively: Communicates in writing and speaking clearly and persuasively, in English, Bengali and Hindi.
- Practicing Innovation and Change: Has a penchant to develop innovative ways to improve delivery, optimize costs, improve strategy and engagement. Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations and/or resolves the problem.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Works cooperatively and effectively with others in a non-hierarchical setting to establish goals, resolves problems and makes decisions that enhance Project Delivery. Manages complexity and drive for results.
- Achieving Quality Results: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress toward goals, and tracks details/data/information/activities.
- Managing Relations: Carries out her/his relations within the working group and across the partners with tact and diplomacy.
- Exposure and experience of working in Math and/or English subjects (class 6 to 8).
- Proven experience in innovative initiatives in Education, Public Education System and local governance levels preferably in North East region.
- Exposure to leveraging technology in educational interventions.
- Experience of conducting participative capacity building programs for teachers.
- Hands on computer skills, including MS Office. Familiarity to technology would be a plus.
- Masters in relevant field of Social Development/Education/Technology and experience in working with Government schools is preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience of closely working in education system.
No. of positions: 2
Salary: Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may share their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line ” Position Name” latest by 25th October 2021.
EdIndia Foundation (EIF) is a section 8 not for profit company focused on leveraging technology and data analytics to create innovative solutions to impact education at scale. EIF has been provided incubation support by Sterlite Power and its group companies. About Sterlite Power: Operating out of India and Brazil, Sterlite Power (https://www.sterlitepower.com/ )is a leading integrated power transmission developer and solutions provider globally. It is focused on addressing complex challenges in the sector by tackling the key constraints of time, space and capital.