Finance Manager, SRIJAN, New Delhi
1.POSITION : Finance Manager, SRIJAN, New Delhi
Founded in 1997 and registered as a public charitable trust in January 2000, SRIJAN is a grassroots implementation and support agency, committed to promoting sustainable and self-reliant models of rural development through interventions in agriculture, horticulture, natural resource management, dairy and livestock.Geographically spread over five states, SRIJAN collaborates with the state governments to help build both hard and soft infrastructure for the rural poor. It has been and continues to be in several policy-making bodies of the central government. It has a healthy portfolio of projects with an annual value of Rs. 20-25 crores and a headcount of 400 direct and indirect staff. It is supported by a range of well-known private donors, such as Tata Trusts, the Ford Foundation, Axis Bank Foundation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives.
For more information please visit http://srijanindia.org/
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned finance professional, with demonstrated experience of leading the finance and accounts function, to steer and help achieve SRIJAN’s ambitious plans, goals and targets.
3.JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Manager shall be leading the finance and accounts functions of the organisation. S/he shall partner with the leadership team to enhance and better integrate these functions and ensure organizational efficiency.The Finance Manager shall be responsible for setting up a robust Financial Management System (FMS) within the organisation with emphasis on strong internal controls. S/he shall also be responsible for liaising with donors and funding agencies, as the face of the finance, accounts and audit function.
The Finance Manager will also handle all the legal compliances within the organisation and represent the organisation in various regulatory forums including the Income Tax Department.
(1) Develop and implement financial management systems, policies and procedures;(2) Work closely with donors to understand financial and reporting conditionalities and institute appropriate changes to organizational systems and processes, in consultation with Senior Management, to enable the same;(3) Prepare the organization budget and ensure its adherence;
(4) Coordinate with team members and make timely projections of funds flow, to inform partners about the disbursement of funds;
(5) Generate Cash Flow, Project Expenditure and organizational Financial Statements on a regular basis;
(6) Ensure timely financial reporting to Donors, CSR Funders and the Government;
(7) Manage the entire accounting operations of the organization at all levels. Finalize accounts statements, ensuring that systems meet prescribed standards, as well as requirements deriving from periodic internal and statutory audits;
(8) Ensure compliance with statutory regulatory requirements and government financial rules, including FCRA compliances;
(9) Ensure quality and timely procurement of all goods and services, as per requirement and prescribed organizational SOPs and guidelines;
(10) Manage disbursement and accounting for all funds, both in Indian and foreign currency;
(11) Ensure Fixed Assets Control;
(12) Track monthly Accounts MIS;
(13) Ensure proper functioning of internal controls instituted in the area of accounts and finance;
(14) Ensure time to time capacity building of all accounts staff within the organization;
(15) Ensure timely salary computation/ processing/ booking, at all levels;
(16) Centralized payment processing and disbursement;
(17) Ensure timely financial reporting to the Board of Trustees of the organization;
(18) Ensure proper financial management by providing timely and appropriate solutions for banking and investment;
(19) Ability to travel 3-4 days in a month to project locations to ensure compliance with location level accounting and procurement requirements, as well as fiduciary aspects at all levels of project implementation.
4.QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Strong financial acumen and a good understanding of creating results-oriented plans and delivery mechanisms;
(2) Excellent communication skills and capability to represent the organization in professional forums;
(3) Must be well versed with FCRA, GST, Income Tax Act and Rules, etc.
(4) Experience in and understanding of the development sector;
(5) Ability to create systems and process for accounting and reporting as per organizational requirements;
(6) Strong financial skills to present financial data to non-financial professionals;
(7) Proficiency in Tally or other standard accounting package;
(8) Good language proficiency in English. Knowledge of Hindi will be an added advantage.